Personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect or receive your personal information in a few different ways through our Services. You choose what information to provide however, sometimes we require certain information for you to use and for us to provide you with the Services
- In order to use our Services, you need to provide us with a valid email address. For Services that require registration, a name associated with your account that you can choose to represent your identity
- Depending on the Services you choose to use, additional information such as shop name, billing and payment information, a postal address and/or a telephone number may be required in order for us to provide a particular Service.
- As a Best Handmade seller, you may choose to use our payment service. Best Handmade may require information such as your full name, social security number, tax ID, bank account information, credit card information and/or other proof of identification in order to verify your identity, provide you with this Service and comply with applicable law. We may need to store your credit card information and use it for both billing and payment purposes
- The name you choose to associate with your account, which you are able to review and change in your account settings, is publicly displayed and connected to your Best Handmade activity. Other users may see the date you joined, ratings, reviews and related photographs for products you have sold, your profile information, your location when you sell and products you have listed for sale and the number of products sold.
- We use data analytics to ensure the site functionality and to improve the Services. By using Google Analytics, we will be able to monitor which devices people use to visit Best Handmade, the location they are in, if they are redirected from a Social Media platform and how long they spend on each page of the site. Personal information is not shown whilst using this Service
- Best Handmade may obtain information about a person who is not a registered Best Handmade member is they decide to use the Guess Checkout feature when making a purchase through one of the Services.
Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure
- When you use the Services, we collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information as described in this policy. We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in these ways. These include where:
- You have consented to the processing which you are able to revoke at any time
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims
- Necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party’s legitimate interests such as those of visitors, members or partners
- You have expressly made the information public
- Necessary in the public interest
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others
- We rely on consent to send marketing messages, third-party data sharing related to advertising and to the extent applicable, for the use of location data for advertising purposes
- We rely on consent for targeted online and offline marketing including through tools like Facebook Custom Audience. We, or our sellers, may advertise our Services or our seller’s products through a variety of different services and reply on your consent to do so off-site. We may work with advertising partners such as Facebook, Instagram and Google
- We may use your information for safety and security purposes which includes the sharing of your information for such purposes and we will do so as it is necessary to pursue out legitimate interests in ensuring the security of our Services. This includes enhancing protection of our community against spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks of all kinds
- Best Handmade with not disclose your name, email address or any other personal information to third-parties without your consent except as specified in this policy
- As part of the buying and selling process, Best Handmade will facilitate the sharing of information between the two members involved in the transaction. This may involve us sharing your information with some of our third-party partners such as our delivery and payment partners to enable us to provide you with this Service. By purchasing a product or making a sale on Best Handmade, you are directing us to share your information in this way. We expect you to respect the privacy of the member whose information you have received.
- Best Handmade may retain, preserve or release your personal information to a third-party in the following circumstances:
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements
- To protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims including to collect a debt
- To comply with a court order, legal process or other legal requirements
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorised access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and keeping your password and computer secure
- Best Handmade will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary. When you no longer wish to use Best Handmade’s Services, your personal information will be destroyed