Definitions and Notification of Changes
By using the Besthandmade.co.uk website (“Best Handmade”) and all sub-domains, which are a service of Best Handmade, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
Best Handmade may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Best Handmade. Your continued use of Besthandmade.co.uk after changes are posted, means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Your Account with Best Handmade
To be able to set up an account with Best Handmade, you must follow the following rules:
- You must be 18 years old, or older, to be able to set up an account with Best Handmade.
- All information provided by you must be accurate. It is prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person.
- When choosing a name it must not be offensive, vulgar, infringe someone’s intellectual property rights or violates the terms listed.
- As the account holder, it is your responsibility to use your account appropriately. If you are going to share your account with other people, then the name of the persons’ financial information assigned with the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity.
Content and Copyright
- It is your responsibility as the account holder, to maintain the products you upload for sale are your own, not owned by others and that you are not infringing or violating any third party’s rights.
- By posting your products on Besthandmade.co.uk, you grant Best Handmade a licence to use it to help promote your products through promotions that Best Handmade may offer. These promotions may include posting your products on the website and category homepages, social media platforms and within emails distributed to subscribers. Best Handmade will not claim ownership of your content, however, we will have your permission to use, edit, display, modify, reproduce and adapt them to help Best Handmade function and grow.
- Best Handmade is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the website. If your content that you own has been posted by others without your permission and you want it removed, contact Best Handmade who will deal with it appropriately.
- When uploading content, it must not include any abusive, threatening, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offend other users. If content is uploaded which relates to any of the above, the account holder will be contacted and the content will be removed.
- You must not post, list, or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or insulting content.
- You must not copy, modify or distribute Best Handmade’s copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the site without our content.
- Best Handmade may change or remove content and accounts containing content that Best Handmade determines to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, false, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property, the Terms of Ue, the Privacy Police or any other policy documents posted on Best Handmade.
- Content that you upload must be your own original work which you have the right to make and does not infringe any law and indemnify Best Handmade against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that maybe incurred by Best Handmade as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
- Products such as tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia and pornography, animal products, human remains and dangerous items are prohibited from being sold on Best Handmade.
- Edible products such as cakes, biscuits, chocolate and sweets are allowed to be sold on Best Handmade, but you must have the relevant licences and certificates to show that you are allowed to sell them. You will be asked to send a copy to Best Handmade once you sign up to prove this.
- Drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate are allowed to be sold on Best Handmade but you must have the relevant licences and certificates to show that you are allowed to sell them. You will be asked to send a copy to Best Handmade once you sign up to prove this.
- Alcohol is allowed to be sold on Best Handmade providing you hold the relevant licences and certificates to show you are allowed to sell them. You will be asked to send a copy to Best Handmade to prove this.
Your Use of Our Services
- By using Besthandmade.co.uk, you agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with the use of the Services. It is your responsibility to obtain any permits or licences that your shop requires. You will not engage in any fraudulent activity, theft, anti-competitive conduct, threatening conduct or any other lawful acts or crimes again Best Handmade, another Best Handmade user or any third party.
- All fees that you owe to Best Handmade are your responsibility. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make using our services
- By using Besthandmade.co.uk, you agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- All products you wish to sell must be handmade or modified by yourself or your company. Products bought from a shop/online are prohibited from being sold on Best Handmade.
- Postage is not included in Best Handmade’s commission fees.
- We reserve the right to ban any vendor who is deemed to be abusing the pricing structure.
- Under no circumstances will Best Handmade be liable for any of the following losses or damages. Loss of data, Loss of revenue or anticipated profits, Loss of business, Loss of opportunity, Loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, Losses suffered by third parties or any indirect, consequential, speak or exemplary damages.
- You understand that Best Handmade does not manufacture, store or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. The products in our marketplaces are produced, listed and sold directly by independent sellers. Best Handmade can’t and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety or their legality. Any legal claim related to a product you purchased must be brought directly against the seller of the product and not through Best Handmade.
- You may come across products that you may find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. Best Handmade is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decent of content posted by sellers. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
- When participating in a Best Handmade promotion, you agree that you may not later claim that the rules of that promotion were ambiguous.
- If you sell food and/or drink, you must be a food registered company, or have appropriate licenses and/or certification. If you are not registered, or do not have the appropriate licenses and/or certification, you will not be allowed to sell any food and/or drink products on Best Handmade. You will be asked to show proof of your licenses and/or certification, or, that you are a food registered company.
- If selling food and/or drink, you must include all allergy advice. If allergy advice is not shown on your listing, you will be contacted and asked to edit your listing otherwise it may be removed.
- Best Handmade will not be liable for any illnesses or issues caused by food and drink bought from independent sellers. If, in the unfortunate chance, an illness or issue were to arise following the purchase of food and drink, any legal claims must be brought directly against the seller and not through Best Handmade.
- If selling beauty and/or fragranced products, you must hold all relevant documentation and licences to be able to sell these types of products on Best Handmade. If you do not hold these licences, you will be removed from the site until you do.
- Best Handmade will not be liable for any illnesses or issues caused by beauty and fragranced products bought by independent sellers. If, in the unfortunate chance, an illness or issue were to arise following the purchase of beauty or fragranced products, any legal claims must be brought directly against the seller and not through Best Handmade.